In Our Own Voices Inc.
Serving the needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender People of Color, our Friends and Families.
In Our Own Voices is now taking applications to support LGBTQ communities and communities of color as they have been disproportionately affected by this pandemic. These mini grants are available to those living in Albany, Schenectady, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Columbia, Greene, and Montgomery counties.
Individuals whose main source(s) of income have been disrupted due to COVID-19 and the “NY Pause” order. Including not limited to:
- Getting laid off or unable to work from home.
- Having none or limited hours at work.
- Becoming ill or caring for a loved one who has become ill.
- Facing financial losses due to cancellations or no available work as an independent.
- Contractor/being self-employed.
- Taking precaution by staying home and not working, to protect yourself or loved ones.
- Who are immune-compromised or elders.
What does it cover?
Up to $300 per household and can be used to assist with:
- Household Bills & Utilities
- Household items
- Food (Food needs that exceed IOOV food pantry emergency service)
- Medical bills
- And any other essential needs
When is it due?
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL AUGUST 31, 2020 OR UNTIL FUNDS EXPIRE (WHICHEVER COMES FIRST). Notification of award status will be made approximately 1-2 weeks from application submission.
*Awards will be made in the form of check or gift cards depending on need/request*
* Please apply only for the amount needed to allow for as many community members to be assisted*